Thursday, October 24, 2013

Some Good Ole Fashioned Humor - How it Feels to Have an Autoimmune Disease

After my last angry rant (and thank you to all who have watched and provided constructive feedback), I have decided some comedic relief is in order. Plus I've been in a bit of a funk (thanks fluctuating progesterone levels) so I could use it myself.

In my constant quest to keep up a positive attitude, I think of random "memes" in my head, and think that other people who are chronically ill, homebound, and/or have an immune mediated disease would also appreciate these random funny thoughts.

I hope these help pick you up as much as they help my wonderful boyfriend/caregiver and myself!


When I'm in the middle of a flare and someone asks how I'm feeling:




How it feels when dealing with medical professionals and other people who aren't familiar with autoimmune/"invisible" diseases:



What I have the overwhelming urge to do anytime someone who isn't homebound complains about being bored, or when a medical professional claims diet & health aren't related:




Pain scale for those with Chronic Illness:

 Anytime someone refutes the medical value/efficacy of Cannabis, and Plant/Holistic Medicine in general:



An example of my internal dialogue when I'm struggling to make myself feel better:





How I feel when my boyfriend's being extra patient as my caregiver, especially when I've been depressed or angry:




I do believe that laughter and a positive mindset are pertinent to health.
Venting is important, but getting stuck in bitterness, resentment, or sadness are never conducive to creating a fulfilling or meaningful life, and stress hormones are some of the strongest immune-suppresents known to mankind. So if anything we need to be happy for our immune systems' sake!
Hopefully I've helped you achieve your daily dose today. I've looked at these a few times and am still laughing at them!
What do you do to make yourself feel better when you're down?

Love and Light :)
Renata Carmen

Please, if you find any value from this blog, please consider making a donation to the PayPal link at the top right of the page. I don't create these posts expecting anything but to help/entertain others, but I am a disabled mechanic/artist who is not currently receiving SSI/SSDI and when I'm flared up it's hard if not impossible for me to get my hustle on. I'm also working on adding Bitcoin here! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to send me your feedback! I value what you have to say and will do my best to respond as soon as possible. Brightest Blessings!