Thursday, May 14, 2015

"The Cleansing Fire" - A Poem

I will be picking back up with my "Staying Positive While Living with Chronic Illness" series shortly. Of which I've needed to heed my own advice over the last week, as it has been fraught with some personal challenges. So, here's a quick poem I wrote about it :)

hide away
hide away
from this haze 
of sadness and pain
that claims
this body, this house 
hasn't been a home
too much insanity condoned 
for even a mouse
to feel comfortable staying here
in this house
this home
got to get the fuck out 
before they own
our souls, thoughts, habits
gotta get the fuck out
see opportunity, grab it
like a life preserver
and never let go
keep pushing further
until we're so far from this house
this broken home
that it's nothing but a feeble memory
lost and alone
like I feel now in this room
while insanity persues
those just outside the door
let us escape this sickness 
and be free from it evermore
evermore I love you 
my love
I know the two of us can rise above
this muck and mire
the cleansing fire
is so painful it's exquisite
but if it makes us stronger
than it's worth it
isn't it?



"You insist that the weight of the world should be on your shoulders..."

Thank you for reading! Stay strong in whatever battles you're facing at the moment :)

*Love & Light*
Renata Carmen

Please, if you find any value from this blog, please consider making a donation to the PayPal link at the top right of the page. I don't create these posts expecting anything but to help/entertain others, but I am a disabled mechanic/artist who is not currently receiving SSI/SSDI and when I'm flared up it's hard if not impossible for me to get my hustle on. I'm also working on adding Bitcoin here! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to send me your feedback! I value what you have to say and will do my best to respond as soon as possible. Brightest Blessings!